Wednesday, April 30, 2008

heavy hearts

heavy hearts draw me to God
nothing helps to ease the load
only prayers aimed heavenward
keep my mind and heart and soul
from spinning down a deep abyss
from losing hope and sleeplessness
heaviness drives me to my knees
searching for the One who sees
all the pains earth has to give
all the evils in this life we live
turning to face the only One
who has passed the test
has heard well done
heavy hearts need a God that knows
the pain of which this life bestows
on young and old rich and poor
each of us must bare a load
thus heavy hearts come from
heavy chains and bags and yokes
that bear His Name
His yoke is easy His burden is light
this heavy heart needs His respite
and asks the God who gave it all
to carry my load and hear my call
heavy hearts need lifting

No comments: